Monday Evening House Group
We meet every Monday during term time at 7:30pm at 1 Braysdown Close, Peasedown St John.
We are a small, friendly group and new members are always welcome.
Monday Evening Bible Study
We meet on Monday evenings from 8pm - 9pm. Note that from January 2019 we will meet at 3 Bloomfield Terrace (please come round the back).
We will be exploring the life of David (of David and Goliath) and what that says about our lives and relationship with God.
Jan 14 - 1 Samuel ch 17
Jan 28 - 1 Samuel ch 20:1-17, 30-42
Feb 11 - 1 Samuel ch 24
Feb 25 - 1 Samuel ch 25
Mar 11 - 1 Samuel ch 30: 1-25
Mar 25 - 2 Samuel ch 6
Apr 08 - 2 Samuel ch 7
Please contact Jill Souter on 01761 433251 for further details.
Wednesday Evening Bible Study
We meet every Wednesday from 8pm at 27 Underknoll. Our Fellowship is a practical Bible Study Group. We study the text in depth to understand its background and meaning and consider how the message applies to our lives today.
Over the past years we have used different approaches and methods to study:
- The Gospel of Mark
- The Acts of the Apostles, based on commentaries by John Stott, William Barclay and others.
- Paul’s Letter to the Galatians
- Abraham: The Man Who Dared to Believe God (a Paul Smith study book)
- Live as a Citizen Worthy of the Gospel of Christ (St Paul’s Letter to the Philippians – in a Book Study Series with DVD by Paul Blackman and Joni Eareckson Tada)
- Principles for Life – a study in Nehemiah by Selwyn Hughes
- Jesus, The Wounded Saviour by Selwyn Hughes with Ian Sewter, a Cover to Cover Lent Study Guide
- Working Out Your Faith – The Letter of James based on a book by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz
- Moses: Face to Face With God by Elizabeth Rundle in the Cover to Cover Bible Study Series
We seek to be open to the Lord’s prompting Spirit and are keen to learn and grow in our faith. We are caring, understanding and loving. Our fellowship is non-threatening and informal, and there is a lot of fun and laughter.
There is always room for new members and you will be warmly welcomed.
For further details please contact Ian Sims on 01761 435816.
Thursday Afternoon Bible Study
New fortnightly bible study group, starting Thursday 31st January from 2pm - 3:30pm at meeting at 3 Bloomfield Terrace.
Dates for spring 2019:
Please contact Ian Souter on 01761 433251 if you are interested in coming.